Are you suffering from hip pain? We understand how this pain can disrupt your life. Hip pain causes pain, hinders mobility, and generally lowers your quality of life. However, if you are suffering from hip pain in St. Cloud, FL, there is some good news. Chiropractic care from East Lake Chiropractic and Medical Center can help restore mobility and reduce pain.
What Are the Common Causes of Hip Pain?
The hip joint is an incredibly strong yet flexible joint that is able to withstand repeated motion and wear and tear. Unfortunately, your hip joint isn’t entirely indestructible. Injury and disease can interfere with the functioning of your hip joint, resulting in pain and immobility.
The common causes of hip pain include:
- Osteoarthritis: Whenever you are using your joint, whether to run or squat, the cartilage in the joint helps the bone in the joint to move without friction. If you have OA, it damages this cartilage, interfering with how your joint works. This leads to pain and stiffness.
- Bursitis: Bursae are fluid-filled sacs found in bones, muscles, and tendons. These sacs reduce friction by preventing these structures from rubbing against each other. Due to injury or repetitive use, your bursae may be inflamed, resulting in pain.
- Tendinitis: Tendons are connective bands that connect bones to muscles. Repetitive use or overexertion may inflame your hip tendons, leading to pain and immobility.
- Strains and sprains: Sports injuries, falls, slips and car accidents may injure the ligaments and tendons in your hip joint, causing pain, soreness, and limited mobility.
- Hip fractures: Your bones may become weak and fragile due to age. Weakened bones are likely to break during falls and slips.
If you are struggling with hip pain, you don’t have to continue popping those painkillers. Instead, book an appointment with a chiropractor, and relief will be around the corner.
How Does a Chiropractor Diagnose Hip Pain?
We usually use various tools to determine the nature and extent of your hip pain. The first step involves scrutinizing your medical records and symptoms. Next, we administer physical exams to locate areas of discomfort and determine your range of motion. If we need a further diagnosis, we may order X-rays and CT scans.
How Does a Chiropractor Treat Hip Pain?
Seeking chiropractic treatment for hip pain is always the best alternative to manage pain and restore mobility. Chiropractors use natural treatments to address the root cause of the pain. For hip pain, we adjust the joint to minimize pressure on impinged tissues. Furthermore, we offer rehabilitation exercises to restore range of motion and manage pain.
Hip Pain Treatment in St. Cloud, FL
If you have hip pain, don’t let it take control of your life. Instead, please book an appointment with East Lake Chiropractic and Medical Center in St. Cloud, FL, for personalized treatment. Call us today at (407) 957-9995.